Our Progressive Web App (PWA) will be an accessibility mapping tool to map the physical and web accessibility of various objects and provide precise information on accessible places at the city level. It will cover accessibility standards, embed Universal Design Principles and add improvements to the existing app. It will be adapted, co-designed and co-developed through service-learning activities with HEI students.
The long-term aim of the mapping app will be to incentivise HEIs and cities to adopt accessibility strategies on:
- the built environment and public spaces, public facilities, and services,
- transport and related infrastructures,
- information and communication, including information and communication technologies,
- legally binding accessibility standards and
- accessibility standards in the built environment, which go beyond the legal norms.